Self Lay Water Mains and Services

Self lay Water Mains and Services

  1. Please have your credit/debit card available to make payment as part of this application
  2. Please ensure that you have read our guidance notes before completing this application form
  3. You may be asked to provide further information by a member of our Developer Services Team as your application progresses. You may send this via email.
  4. You will receive a confirmation email within 2 hours of your form submission
Applicant Details

(Please note that fields marked * are mandatory)

You will receive email confirmation of your online application
Name and Address of self lay provider (SLP)
Is the self lay provider fully WIRS accredited?
Development Details

(Please note that fields marked * are mandatory)

Land Ownership

(Please note that fields marked * are mandatory)

What is your interest in the land to be served by the requisitioned main?

Are any works to be carried out off site in private land?

NB. The Developer and the SLP must be parties to the Agreement. If there is a separate Owner and/or Adjoining Owner, they must also be parties to the Agreement.
Planning Approval
Is the development planning exempt?
If Planning Permission is required for your development, please supply the Planning Approval Reference Number(s)
Financial Details
Note: all these charges are payable prior to or upon signing the self lay agreement (the contractors and the SLP need to decide who is to make these payments).
Previous Use of Premises/Use of Premises

(Please note that fields marked * are mandatory)

Was there a premise or premises on the site in the previous 5 years?
What is the intended use of the development

Previous Use of Land

(Please note that fields marked * are mandatory)

Is the new water supply required for a development on a Brownfield site?
Construction of new properties, or renovation / conversion of existing buildings, land or premises that have previously been used or developed and may be vacant or derelict
Do you have a site investigation report?

Type of development/supply
New Building
Separation of Supply
Cattle Trough
Industrial/commercial premises
Fire fighting apparatus/sprinkler
Which activities do you intend to undertake- either yourself or through a third party

* Please note that prior to carrying out a design you need to apply for point of connection
Description of Proposed Work
Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999
Notification of Proposed Works for the Granting of Consent.
This section doesn’t need to be completed if you’re separating a shared supply.
Take a read of our guidance notes if you’re not sure.
Please tick relevant box for each of the following questions
The installation of water fittings in conjunction with:
The erection of a building or other structure
Extension or alteration of a water system on any premises (other than a house)
A material change of use of the premises
Temporary standpipe
Other installation
Has your site been subject to a pre-planning enquiry?
Phasing Information for the Installation of a Water Main
Number of properties by the end of
Year 1
Year 2
Year 3
Year 4
Year 5
Year 6
Year 7
Year 8
Year 9
Year 10
Year 11
Year 12
Drainage Details
Legal Notice
Final checklist
Before submitting the application, please confirm you’ve sent all the relevant documentation to and tick each of the following